Configure Is your business ready for the Cloud? 6 benefits of Cloud Computing…
Cloud technology has been around for a couple of years however businesses have been slow to adopt to it. Bigger businesses have already taken the step to the Cloud yet small to medium sized businesses are still choosing to take up the traditional IT option such as physical desktops, on-site storage etc.
On the other hand when we are at home or on the go with our smartphones, we are already using cloud storage for backing up our photos and files or updating our applications such as LinkedIn or Facebook on a daily basis, just like we use the Internet. Providers such as Dropbox with over 200 million, Skydrive and iCloud with around 300 million users, just showing the evidence that this trend is going to become the new norm.
Take a look at the benefits below why cloud computing increases efficiency, helps improve cash flow and offers many more benefits:
1. Reduce your costs. With the traditional IT model the cost is far higher, even with the advancement of technology your standard desktop still uses a lot of electricity. The same goes to your on-site servers, which you should keep running 24/7.
The cost to run these IT systems will increase each year as electricity prices go up unlike on-site hosting the price of deploying applications in the Cloud can be less due to lower hardware costs from more effective use of physical resources.
Cloud computing is a simple monthly subscription based model where you know exactly how much you spend. New employees can be easily set-up on your subscription and leavers can be taken off. Scale it to your business needs.
2. Access from anywhere. Cloud computing allows employees access remotely to applications and work via the internet, i.e. from home, on the go and in the office, so basically from anywhere in the world. All files are stored centrally – in the Cloud so everyone can work and see the same files anywhere.
3. Automated software updates. Your cloud provider, IQ in IT will be able to upgrade software including security updates so you don’t need to worry about spending time and maintaining your systems. Leaving you worry free to focus on your business.
4. Be flexible. Cloud computing allows users to switch applications easily and rapidly, using the one they need. And if you need to scale down again that’s all fine in the Cloud which is a real advantage over competitors.
5. Be secure. Should your company experience a major disaster such as flood or fire then you’re looking at major downtime in your business and lost or unrecoverable data. This could be an event that your business won’t be able to recover from. Another example is a lost laptop or broken down PC. Having all your data stored in the Cloud takes away these risks giving you greater security when it happens. You can access your Cloud from another PC and you can even remotely wipe data from lost laptops.
6. Be greener and more economical. The energy needed for a computational action carried out in the Cloud is far less than the amount for an on-site deployment. Businesses only use what they need when working in the Cloud giving minimal environmental impact.
Not moved to the Cloud yet?
Well, looking at all of the above benefits there shouldn’t be any doubts and would be enough to convince your business to move into the Cloud. Speak to us on 0330 1224 420 or arrange a meeting to discuss your cloud computing with us. Send an email to [email protected]
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.